The William Pu Music Academy, located in the heart of the fast-growing North Fulton area, is Atlanta’s most premiere music academy. The Academy offers private and group lessons for students from K-12 on various instruments. Founded by William Pu, the former associate concertmaster of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the Academy includes a distinguished faculty made up of Atlanta-area musicians with strong professional and educational backgrounds. The unique combination of a distinguished faculty and a convenient location makes the William Pu Music Academy one of the most in-demand music institutions in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area!
The William Pu Music Academy has started accepting registration! The Academy offers private and group lessons for the violin, viola, cello, double bass and piano. Private lessons start at $135 per month for 30 min. sessions and group lessons start at $144 per month for 60 min. lessons. Students who are in the 6th grade and up enrolling in the WPMA during the month of June and July will be eligible for scholarship audition. To download the WPMA registration form, click here.
We are proud to announce the William Pu Music Academy Fall 2014-Spring 2015 scholarship audition! A total of TEN scholarships of $200 each will be awarded to the audition winners! Here are the requirements:
- Open to NEW students from 6-11th grade who register in the WPMA’s Fall /Spring semesters.
- Must play an instrument including piano, violin, viola, cello and double bass.
- The registration form must be turn in no later than August 1st, 2014.
- The scholarship audition date will be on August 2nd, 2014. It starts at 9:00am.
- The audition will be held at WPMA.
- The audition repertoire includes one major or minor three octaves scale and a 7-10 min. piece of the student’s choice.
Winners will be announced on the WPMA website no later than August 9th, 2014. The scholarship will be divided into two semesters. To download the registration form, click here .
The William Pu Music Academy is proud to present the 2014 Summer Music Camp at the new opening location at 330 Prospect Place, Alpharetta, GA 30005.
The William Pu Music Academy three-week summer music program is a great learning opportunity for elementary, middle and high school students that enhances their musical playing throughout the summer. Each session of the three-week program is especially designed to challenge and develop each student’s techniques and musical abilities on his or her instrument. The William Pu Music Academy gives students the opportunity to learn under distinguished musicians/faculty from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Agnes Scott College.
Three-week Summer Music Program for String Instruments
String Instruments include: Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass
Camp Tuition: $500 person/per camp
- A $25 non-refundable registration fee per student is due along with the registration form. Students are welcome to participate in more than one camp.
- The camp’s faculty to students ration is approximately 1:5. The program, designed to improve every student’s skill, includes a masterclass and performance at the end of the camp.
- Lunch is not included in the tuition. However, the academy can purchase lunches if students bring money.
- Drop off time begins at 9:30 a.m. and pick up time is between 3:00-3:30 p.m. After camp care is available from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for an additional fee of $100 per student.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit must be paid by June 1st to secure a spot in the camp. Space is limited, so please register early.
Time: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Session 1: June 23 – 27
String Builder: Open to all levels
Session 2: July 7 – 11
Chamber Music & Ensemble I (Elementary-Middle School)
Session 3: July 14 – 18
Chamber Music & Ensemble II (Middle School-High School)
To download the application, click here.